Dr. Gang Xu can provide services in the diagnosis and treatment in urological diseases such as Urinary Tract Infection, Tumors, stones dieases, and specialized in Andrology diseases including Prostate diseases, Varicocele, Sexual dysfunction, male infertility, and microsurgery etc. He is a reviewer of UpToDate Clinical Consultant.
Dr. Gang Xu was a former Associate Director of Urology in Huashan Hospital. He has held four research funds, including the national Natural Science Foundation and the Shanghai Municipal Health Bureau, and won the second prize of the Shanghai medical science and technology award in 2013 (No.3 contributor).
- In 2010 Dr.Xu was sent by Huashan Hospital to Mayo Clinic (USA) for further study in andrology diseases.
- In early 2011, Dr. Xu was elected exceptionally as the youngest Andrology National Youth Committee member by Chinese Andrology and subsequently elected as Youth committee member of Shanghai Andrology Association and been promoted in September 2011 as the associate professor in Huashan hospital
- In 2012, Dr. Xu was elected as the expert of editorial board for “Chinese male disease diagnosis and treatment guidelines ” As a well-known urology and andrology expert, he was invited to the United States in 2013 to give speech in the world’s top annual meeting of the American Urological Association （AUA2013）
- In 2014, he was elected as a Sexual Medicine Committee member of Shanghai ;later he was Dr. Xu was appointed as the examiner of Shanghai resident physician standardized training program examination;he was also invited as a guest expert of a TV program about sex knowledge under SMG’s golden channel
- In 2016 Dr. Xu became the first independent practice urologist in China and been invited as the lecturer for micro-surgical skills training class by the Peking University Hospital urology surgeon training college and the Beijing University Hospital Andrology Center
- Xu was elected in 2017 male Chinese non-public medical association committee of the standing committee and also elected as the committee member of the genital plastic surgery group of Shanghai Andrology Association